Sunday, December 28, 2008

December has come and gone...

Wow, i can't believe that the month of December has come and gone so fast. I've had a lot to do between finishing up my first semester of college, work and Christmas shopping. This December has been sort of an emotional one. Just recently, a member in my ward passed away. He only lived 2 houses away from me, and he was the sweetest man i've ever met. He loved the youth with all of his heart, and he let us use his cabin for youth conference. He was such a kind and gentle man. Giving him a hug was like hugging a teddy bear-they were sincere and genuine hugs. He will be dearly missed!!!

I also was able to get my mom and dad the best Christmas present ever! :) I went in with my sister and we got them tickets to see Jeff Dunham at Energysolutions Arena and a gift card to Cold Stone! so in other words...a CHILD FREE date night! Something that they have been needing! I also got my mom her favorite movie-Rocketman, and i bought my dad a Utes hat! I have noticed that the older i get the more excited i am to give instead of recieve. I love to see peoples faces light up when they get things that they have wanted. Its so cool!!! :)

This December has also been kinda hard because i wasn't singing with my wonderful friends in Madrigals. I missed SO much being with my friends and singing. It was totally depressing not doing all the fun performances and getting to know everyone a little better. My December felt so empty and lifeless... haha. Oh well, its time for me to move on and let go of those kinds of things.

I'm looking forward to this next year. It brings a lot of hope and promise i think. I have several friends who are getting married: Brock and Aubrey will be married on May 15th and Heidi and Andrew will be married on June 23rd. Also, Julianne and Bret will become first time parents! i'm so excited for everyone! :)

I'm also going on my first blind date next year (well, like the 2nd or 3rd of January) I'm very nervous. i don't want this boy to get the wrong impression of me because i'm so nervous and act like a nerd. His name is Chris Kennedy and he is Julianne's cousin. i'm also very excited! This could be it...we could start dating, and maybe i'll marry him!!! Who knows though... i'm not getting my hopes up because honestly, i'm in that big of a hurry. i wouldn't mind it, but i would be okay being single or at least not married for a little while longer. AHHH! There's just so much to think about...what do i do after the first date? Do we exchange numbers? Do i call him first or does he call me first? What if i'm interested, but he doesn't think that i am so he gives up and doesn't talk to me any more..? Well, i guess we'll just have to see how it goes... Don't worry, i'll post the news wether it be good or bad...

No comments: